BI Developer Cloud Conversion Program
What you can expect
You will onboard in a unique “transition to cloud” learning program that already successfully converted multiple senior BI developers into Cloud Data Engineers. During our bootcamp you will follow a set of training going through main cloud architecture concepts to hands-on session:
- Modern cloud data architecture
- Training and certification to one cloud data platform: Azure, Databricks, GCP or Snowflake
- Data Ops introduction
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Practice on a end to end case
This program is tailored to each profile who will benefit as well from a senior consultant coaching.
At the end of our bootcamp, you will take part in the B&D’s Data engineering & Data Warehouse team. Your strong development skills will allow you to work on data pipeline implementation, storage, data crunching and manipulation.
You will analyze data by sourcing, capturing, transformation and preparation techniques. You will work with the latest technologies such as Spark, DBT, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, Databricks
, , Data Factory and use programming languages like Python, Scala or SQL. Due to your experiences, you will possibly become a Data or Solution architect!
What we've done:
- BRIC.BRUSSELS: Building a data platform (Snowflake, DBT, Mulesoft) for the Brussels Region to improve citizens' daily life and embrace tomorrow's city challenges.
- Pharma company: Using public genetics data (Snowflake, microservices, Azure) in research for drugs development.
And many more!
- Metal industry company: Building a data analytics platform centralizing manufacturing data in near real time (Azure Databricks, Azure Datafactory, Power BI)
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Management computing or any related field
- Strong experience in data manipulation (Database administration, ETL implementation, Report development)
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Business Intelligence developer
- Experience with ET’s, DBMS, OLAP cubes and reporting tools
- Knowledge at least one programming language: Java, C#, Python, Scala…
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and modelling (Data Vault, Star-schemas, Slow Changing Dimensions, …)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, …)
- Experience with code versioning (Git, TFS, …)
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- Fluent in English with an excellent level of either French or Dutch
Nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- Understanding of DevOps CI/CD concepts.
Additional talents? Strange hobby? Weird humor? Our data heroes are like you, they share respect, modesty and excellence as key values and they know how to put fun in & after work.
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
5 reasons to join us
- A multi-disciplinary approach: you can be working in collaboration with other departments on big data projects, cognitive solutions, among many others.
- Great clients - retail, transport, gaming, finance – and great partners - Adobe, Microsoft – leaders in their domains.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get a very attractive consultant package including a company car, and other benefits.