Cloud Data Warehouse Engineer
What you can expect
As a Cloud Data Warehouse Engineer, you will use an analytical, data-driven approach to support business cases.
You will work with clients and partners to design data processing systems, data pipelines and deliver insightful analytics while ensuring data integrity. You will also take part in the design and the modeling of Data Mesh and Data Warehouse solution
In addition, if you have a teaching streak, we will offer you the possibility to give trainings in our Data Academy.
What we've done:
- BRIC.BRUSSELS: Building a data platform (Snowflake, DBT, mulesoft) for the Brussels Region to improve citizens' daily life and embrace tomorrow's city challenges.
- Pharma company: Using public genetics data (Snowflake, microservices, Azure) in research for drugs development.
- Metal industry company: Building a data analytics platform centralizing manufacturing data in near real time (Azure Databricks, Azure Datafactory, Power BI)
And many more!
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in IT, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Strong interest in data manipulation (storage, crunching, pipeline implementation)
At least 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer
Experience with Azure, Google Cloud or AWS
Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and modelling (Data Vault, Star-schemas, Slow Changing Dimensions, …)
Strong SQL knowledge
You are fluent in English and have good communication skills
Conceptual and creative thinking
Nice to have
Knowledge at least one programming language: Java, C#, Python, Scala…
Knowledge of continuous developments / deployment concepts & technologies (GIT, Azure DevOps, Gitlab, CircleCI, ...)
Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell)
Knowledge of Unix environments
Additional talents? Strange hobby? Weird humor? Our data heroes are like you, they share respect, modesty and excellence as key values and they know how to put fun in & after work.
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
5 reasons to join us
- A multi-disciplinary approach: you can be working in collaboration with other departments on big data projects, cognitive solutions, among many others.
- Great clients - retail, transport, gaming, finance – and great partners - Adobe, Microsoft – leaders in their domains.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get a very attractive consultant package including a company car, and other benefits.