Data Engineer : Function
Are you passionate about development? Do you have a strong interest in data? Clean code, unit testing, continuous development, are some of the concepts that are no secret to you. You look forward to mastering the storage, organization and exploitation of PBs (petabytes) of data? You are comfortable of being called a “data plumber”? If the answer is “all of the above” you are the right person to apply to this job!
As a data engineer, you will take part in the B&D’s Data engineering & Architecture team. Your strong development skills will allow you to work on data pipeline implementation, storage, data crunching and manipulation.
In parallel, you will follow a Data Engineer career path where you will learn how to:
• Design end to end big data solutions by understanding business requirements, translate those into technical components as building blocks of the to-be solution
• Analysing data by sourcing, capturing, transformation and preparation techniques
• Work with new technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Storm, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Impala, Akka, Elastic search…
• Become data architect!
Data Engineer : Profile
- Master in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- Strong interest in data manipulation (storage, crunching, pipeline implementation)
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with ICT projects (preferably covering both Software and Hardware)
- Strong development experience in Java, Scala or C++
- Knowledge of continuous developments / deployment concepts (GIT, SBT / Maven, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory …)
- Experience with SQL-like data manipulation is a must (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgresql)
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Good communication skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- First experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Hive, HBase, …)
- Experience with web-services development (Rest or SOAP)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as python, perl, bash…
- Knowledge Docker and orchestration platform (mesos, swarn, kubernetes)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google cloud)
- Experience with noSQL DBs’ (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.