Data Governance Consultant
Data Governance Consultant: Function
We are currently recruiting Data Governance Consultants. As a Data Governance consultant @ Business & Decision your job will define data strategies and policies, setup Data Governance organization, advise and set-up solutions for data management functions.
You will work as a consultant for big clients. Your mission will be to assure sustainability of their Data and BI platforms by designing and setting-up proper Data Management functions with the right Data Governance tools to support data and analytics strategy.
As member of the Data Governance practice, you will be accompanied by your colleagues, experts in the field.
The successful candidate will deal with a wide and varied array of activities related to data management functions. The most recurring themes will be: business data stewardship, cultural change leadership, data integration, enterprise language and glossary, data quality. Your role distinguishes between the current "as is" and the target "to be" perspectives, including transition and migration plans.
The ideal candidates have several years of Data Management and Data Governance functions. They have strong knowledge of data management functions and tools: Glossary and Metadata tools, Master Data Management, Data Quality tools (including experience in the whole BI lifecycle).…
As Data Governance consultant, your primary activities are the following:
- Define and deploy Data Governance roles and responsibilities;
- Support and facilitate the Data Governance bodies;
- Provide advice and contribute to the implementation of the Data Management functions;
- Prioritize and link the data management initiatives on business data needs and requirements;
- Capture and understand Data needs and translate them in Data Quality, Glossary, Master Data and Data security requirements;
- Define and maintain Glossary and Meta-data architecture and solution;
- Define and maintain reference and Master data architecture and solution;
- Define and maintain Data Quality Management architecture and solutions;
Data Governance Consultant: Profile
The ideal canidate should have:
- Master degree with strong interest for Data and organizations to support it;
- Experience in large BI/data warehouse projects and Data Governance organization;
- The capacity to understand functional needs / challenges and translate them into data management functions;
- Reliable, sense of responsibility, commitment to results;
- Experience with presales, helping to suggest solutions, design for tender documents;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal);
- Fluency in Dutch or French and English;
Moreover, the following skills are considered a great advantage:
- Knowledge of Data Management framework like DAMA / DMBOK;
- Knowledge of one or many Data management solutions for Data Quality, Glossary, MDM;
- You have a good understanding of main business processes;
- You understand Data Warehouse, BI and analytics methodologies;
- You understand project management concepts;
- You understand Agile project methodology;
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.