Data Ops Engineer
What you can expect
As a DataOps Engineer, you will use an analytical, data-driven approach to support business cases.
You will work with clients and partners to design data processing systems, data pipelines and deliver insightful analytics while ensuring data integrity. You will also perform builds and automate key components of our infrastructure.
In addition, if you have a teaching streak, we will offer you the possibility to give trainings in our Data Academy.
What we've done:
- BRIC.BRUSSELS: Building a data platform (Snowflake, DBT, Mulesoft) for the Brussels Region to improve citizens' daily life and embrace tomorrow's city challenges.
- Pharma company: Using public genetics data (Snowflake, microservices, Azure) in research for drugs development.
- Metal industry company: Building a data analytics platform centralizing manufacturing data in near real time (Azure Databricks, Azure Datafactory, Power BI)
And many more!
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in IT, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong interest in data manipulation (storage, crunching, pipeline implementation)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Data/DevOps/Software Engineer.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Airflow, etc.).
- Data oriented mindset, you possess a good knowledge of data-architecture and data-infrastructure.
- You are fluent in English and have either very good knowledge of Dutch or French
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- Understanding of DevOps CI/CD concepts.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with a cloud provider or data processing tools (Databricks, Snowflake, Synapse, etc.)
Additional talents? Strange hobby? Weird humor? Our data heroes are like you, they share respect, modesty and excellence as key values and they know how to put fun in & after work.
Who we are
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
4 reasons to join us
- A multi-disciplinary approach: you are on boarded on ambitious data intelligence projects and can be working in collaboration with our digital department on big projects, cognitive solutions, among many others.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get an attractive consultant package including a company car, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives.