Data Scientist : Function
Are you passionate about data? Do you like developing algorithms for recommendation engines, developing time series or employing deep learning methods on information? Are you familiar with the concepts like regression analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, tensor flow? If the answer is “all of the above” you are the right person to apply to this job! As a Data Scientist @ B&D your job will be able to propose and develop advanced analytical models for a series of different clients and in different industries like life science, media, public, banking, insurance and others. You will work as a consultant for big clients, accompanied by your colleague experts in the field. An analytical career path will help you to develop your skills and obtain your objectives on the long term.
Data Scientist : Profile
- Passionate about data and/or statistical analysis, with mathematics and causal modeling skills
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience in data science / data analysis/ Data Mining
- Experience of at least one of the following; Banking, Finance, Risk, Marketing, Customer Intelligence
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent experience of statistical modelling and tools including: SAS, R, SPSS, Matlab
- Experience of applying regression, correlation, segmentation, factor analysis, forecasting, econometric modelling or Bayesian modelling desirable
- Proficiency in data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Programming knowledge in Python, Java is an advantage
- Accustomed to working with Zeppelin or Jupyter notebooks
- Interest in machine learning,
- Ability understand the business requirements and develop new/existing algorithms to satisfy those requirements
- Know how to visualize the data
- Good communication skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- ideally fluency in Dutch, French and English (verbal & written)
- A plus: Hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.