Data Visualisation consultant
What you can expect
As “Data Viz” consultant in B&D’s Data Analysis & Visualisation team, your goal will be making data speak by presenting the valuable insights found therein to your end users. Your daily challenges will include:
- Interviewing and understanding your target audience of your reports to discover their needs and current challenges.
- Sourcing and shaping the required data into a clearer and more structured format that is ready for analysis.
- Detect and calculate relevant derived data insights.
- Dashboard design: moving away from big lists of text and numbers to an intuitive and immersive visual design that tells a story with the data to engage the end users. Here we allow users to get insights from their data at a quick glance by using visual cues rather than sifting through a lot of information.
- Connecting business and IT to work together on enabling the setup and governance of reporting solutions.
- Training & supporting end users in their self-service reporting journey
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some or all of the following attributes. See you soon!
- You have minimum 2 years of experience in an analytical environment, or you have experience with BI tools.
- You enjoy solving data transformation puzzles and shaping data.
- You have an affinity to understand your target audience and their information needs
- You can think along with the business to determine what are the best insights to be found in the data.
- You have a good understanding of how to model data for doing reporting/analytical operations.
- You have an interest in and appreciation for good visual design and how to present data in a useful way towards the end users.
- You have a good knowledge of (querying) relational databases and SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc.
- You have an excellent command of English and French or Dutch.
Who we are
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
4 reasons to join us
- Use market leading tools to build analysis solutions together with our clients in a broad range of sectors such as: Finance, Government, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
- This using B&D’s design thinking approach (Empathize, Ideate, Prototype, Test, Implement and Deploy) to allow for creative dashboard design while putting the audience in the center.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get an attractive consultant package including a company car, IP reward, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives.