Junior Data Developer
You are passionate about development and you have a strong interest in data? You would like to learn how to master the storage, organization and exploitation of PBs (petabytes) of data? You are comfortable of being called a “data plumber”? If the answer is “all of the above” you are the right person to apply to this job!
As a data developer, you will take part in B&D’s Data engineering team. Your strong development skills will allow you to learn how to crunch and manipulate data in order to build robust data pipelines.
In parallel, you will follow a data engineer career path where you will learn how to:
- Design end to end big data solutions by understanding business requirements, translate those into technical components as building blocks of the to-be solution
- Analysing data by sourcing, capturing, transformation and preparation techniques
- Work with new technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Storm, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Impala, Akka, Elastic search…
- Master in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- Strong interest in data manipulation (storage, crunching, pipeline implementation)
- Knowledge of at least 2 programming language such as: Java, Scala, Python, Node.js or C++
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Good communication skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- Knowledge of continuous developments / deployment concepts (GIT, SBT / Maven, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory …)
- First experience with one tool of big-data ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Hive, HBase, Elastic search, MongoDB …)
- Experience with web-services development (Rest or SOAP)
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google cloud)
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
By joining Business & Decision, you will get an attractive consultant package including a company car, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives. You will integrate into a highly skilled team and enjoy our famous after work activities and events!