MSBI Delivery Center Tech Lead
What you can expect
The mission of the MSBI – Delivery Center Tech Lead is to ensure the quality of the service provided to the Managed service BI customers.
As the Tech Lead, you are responsible for the work delivered by the team, and you make sure deadlines and requirements are respected. You are autonomous and can therefore initiate processes and frameworks that would help the team in reaching the delivery excellence we promise to our clients, by mentoring, coaching, and training the members of the competence center team.
You will collaborate and communicate closely with the Managed Service Manager to inform him about the budget consumption, critical information’s, and work on commercial offerings to enlarge the current client base and take the MSBI Managed service offering to the next step. Our client base contains small, midcap, and large companies and institutions in various industries in Belgium and Switzerland.
Tasks that are expected by the MSBI Delivery Center Tech Lead:
- Responsible for the knowledge management and ensure documentation is made according to high standards
- Monitor the time spent on every customer and alert the Delivery Center Manager in case of limit reached
- Animate recurrent (daily) meetings with the team to review the ongoing work.
- Ensure that every request coming from a customer is indeed taken care by a team member and keep track of the work done: coordinate the work assignment between the DC engineers available
- Intervene on a request whenever the assigned DC Engineer request help.
- Participate to the customer meetings whenever critical subjects are on the plate: emergency escalation, architecture change, change request.
- Plan and activate the knowledge sharing between the DC team members about the customer environments (so that the more team members can work efficiently on the more customer/tasks as possible)
- Have a coaching role for the team members and review the work delivered by the juniors
- Organize the onboarding of the new DC team members: Integration to the team, knowledge transfer, coaching and work distribution
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in the following attributes. See you soon!
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Mandatory advanced knowledge of the Microsoft BI SQL Server toolset: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, T-SQL, DAX
- Knowledge of the Azure Data platform toolset is a plus: Data Factory, Data Lake, Power BI
- Good communication and project management skills
- Flexible, autonomous, dynamic individual with good coaching skills
- Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
5 reasons to join us
- You join the market leader in Cloud Data Platform, active in the Big data area for nearly 10 years
- You benefit from a large network in Europe with prestigious customers like Axa, Ingenico, Carrefour, Befimmo, SDWorx… trusting B&D for our unique Data expertise
- You get more than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get attractive benefits including an interesting mobility package, an IP compensation, an interesting flex-plan, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives.