Senior Data Scientist
What you can expect
As a Data Scientist, you develop algorithms for recommendation engines. You also develop time series and use deep learning methods on information. You are familiar with the concepts of, for instance, regression analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc…
At B&D, your job will be to propose and develop advanced analytical models for a series of different clients and industries like life sciences, media, public, banking, insurance and others.
- A master’s degree or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Engineering, Physics or any related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience in data science / data analysis / data mining
- Passionate about data and/or statistical analysis, with mathematics and modelling skills
- Experience in at least one of the following sectors: Banking, Finance, Risk, Marketing, Customer Intelligence, Life Sciences
- Experience with SQL
- Some experience with data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, ...) is a plus
- Experience with applying regression, classification, clustering/ segmentation, time-series forecasting, anomaly detection or predictive maintenance is a must
- Proficiency in data sourcing (web-scraping, API, etc.), data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Excellent programming knowledge in Python, R
- Good coding practices and code refactoring experience is an advantage
- Interest in machine learning, deep learning and/or MLOps
- Experience using Cloud Data Platforms (Azure, GCP, ...) for Data Science projects is a plus
- Ability to understand the business requirements and develop new/existing algorithms to satisfy those requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Being able to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience and explainable AI is an advantage
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- A plus: Hands on experience in Enterprise Intelligence (e.g., Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
- Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
4 reasons to join us
- A multi-disciplinary approach: you are on boarded on ambitious data science projects and can be working in collaboration with our digital department on big projects, cognitive solutions, among many others.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get an attractive consultant package including a company car, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives.