About the job
Are you passionate about Data and DevOps? Do you have a strong interest in development, data plumbery using the latest technologies related to Cloud solutions? If you are eager to work on Data Lake, Lake House and Data mesh solutions exploiting huge volume of data, you should probably keep on reading!
As a Data Engineer, you will use an analytical, data-driven approach to support business cases.
You will work with clients and partners to design data processing systems, data pipelines and deliver insightful analytics while ensuring data integrity. You might also perform builds and automate key components of our infrastructure.
Thanks to experience acquired on projects and continuous training through our Data Academy program, you will have the possibility to grow your Data Engineering competencies, and specialize in either Data Ops or Data Warehousing
In addition, if you have a teaching streak, we will offer you the possibility to give training in our Data Academy.
What we've done:
- BRIC.BRUSSELS: Building a data platform (Snowflake, DBT, Mulesoft) for the Brussels Region to improve citizens' daily life and embrace tomorrow's city challenges.
- Pharma company: Using public genetics data (Snowflake, microservices, Azure) in research for drugs development.
- Metal industry company: Building a data analytics platform centralizing manufacturing data in near real time (Azure Databricks, Azure Datafactory, Power BI)
And many more!
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in IT, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least one relevant professional experience in IT projects, preferably data related.
- Data oriented mindset, you possess a good knowledge of data-architecture and/or data-infrastructure.
- Strong SQL level
- You are fluent in English and ideally with a very good level of either Dutch or French
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- Experience with a cloud provider or data processing tools (Databricks, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with a least one programming language: Python, Scala , Java,…
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Airflow, etc.).
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, data structures, and algorithms.
Business & Decision (B&D) is an international consulting, management and systems integration group which answers business needs by being a trusted partner for digital and data transformation.
As part of the Orange group, B&D provide a full digital package to our clients: collaborative working methods, optimized performance of information systems and 360° customer relations all by harnessing the power of data.
To do this, B&D has 4 strategic offers to differentiate from our competitors:
- New: detect, choose and create new services based on data
- More: understand your customers to do more business with them
- Better: optimize operational efficiency
- Right: anticipate financial, security, regulatory, online reputation and fraud risks
B&D values excellence, respect and modesty from all our employees and we look for the following skills in candidates:
- Entrepreneurship, solution-oriented and value client intimacy
- Team work, social skills, self-awareness and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
These values are found throughout the B&D organization from Managing Director down and that’s why B&D are certified as a Top Employer in Belgium for our “people-first” best practices in HR.
5 reasons to join us
- A multi-disciplinary approach: you can be working in collaboration with other departments on big data projects, cognitive solutions, among many others.
- Great clients - retail, transport, gaming, finance – and great partners - Adobe, Microsoft – leaders in their domains.
- More than a job, a career path: as Business & Decision is a fast-growing company it gives a lot of opportunities to grow in the direction you want. There’s lots of flexibility, career paths in different directions, relevant trainings and certifications, and the opportunity to take ownership of emerging trends on the market.
- You integrate a team of strong experts that value after work activities and events just as much as hard work.
- You get a very attractive consultant package including a company car, and other benefits.